As I’m currently laying in bed and battling a terrible cold, I figured I’d share some tips and tricks I use on days that I’m feeling sick and don’t want to wear makeup! Usually, this is the LAST thing on my mind when I’m under the weather but I swear by these when I’m just not feeling it!
- Tinted Moisturizers: These are probably the ONLY thing I wear when I’m sick. Seriously, these are miracle savers because not only does it hydrate your skin but it adds colour to a dull complexion! My favourite ones are by Charlotte Tilbury and Origins. The Charlotte Tilbury one adds a glow to your face and literally makes you feel better! The Origins one adds a boost of energy to my skin and my day!
- Tinted Brow Gel: I use these not only when I’m under the weather but also in between getting my brows done! I love Glossier’s boy brow because not only does it shape and tame the brows, it also adds colour! So simple and easy to polish up your sick day!
- Mascara & Lash Curler: Curling your lashes opens up your eyes and basically wakes you up right away! Mascara defines the lashes and if you wiggle at the base it adds a little bit of colour to the base of your lashes!
- Concealer: Dabbing concealer that matches your face shade on red spots is amazing! I love Tarte’s shape tape & YSL’s Touche Éclat!
- Setting Powder/Spray: When I’m battling a cold, I usually wear a blurring primer with flesh toned setting powder and then call it a day! Seriously, this evens out your skin tone and makes you look less fatigued. I swear by MAC’s mineralize skin finish in Medium Deep. It’s the closest to my skin tone! As for setting spray, I can’t seem to use anything other than the Urban Decay All Nighter. This doesn’t let your makeup move, even if you’re battling the sniffles!
- Tinted Lip Balm or Blotted Lip: On days I don’t feel like wearing makeup or am not feeling well, I’ll either wear a blotted lip or a tinted lip balm. For the blotted lip, I love using a nude shade (like this one). I put some lipstick in the middle of my lips, then I use my fingers to blend. This gives it a stained lip effect and lasts all day! I am also loving Maybelline’s BabyLips tinted Lip balms too.
- Bronzer: This is a multi-use product and it’s probably my go-to on days I’m not feeling that great at all! You can use it as a bronzer, as an eye shadow, as a contour or as an eye liner! Seriously, the possibilities are endless! Benefit’s Hoola and NARS’ Laguna bronzer are my favs!
- Blurring Primer: All hail whoever created these because THIS is the real MVP of sick days/fatigue days/days you’re not feeling it. I cannot stress how much wearing this (after your moisturizer) changes the appearance of your skin! Too Faced’s Hangover Primer is one of my favs! I also love Benefit’s Porefessional and Milk Makeup’s Blur stick are great too. The best part about these is you can wear these by themselves and you’ll get the same effect!
- Eye Cream: NOTHING beats a good eye cream to depuff those under eyes on a sick day! Seriously, I cannot stress how much this will make you feel better instantly! I swear by Origins’ Ginzing Eye cream but lately I’ve been loving Bobbi Brown’s eye cream too!
- Face Mask/Facial Mists: Nothing makes me feel better than a face mask! Plus, this pulls toxins out of your face to give it a healthy glow! Sometimes, I use the Origins’ Retexturizing Face Mask and then follow through with my skincare routine on sick days! I love a good facial mist too! Mario Badescu’s facial sprays wake me and my skin up, making the day SO much better!
If none of these are doing it for you, don’t even bother with makeup! Put on a good moisturizer and go about your day!