The fishtail braid has been my go to hairstyle whenever I’m bored with my uber long hair. It’s simple and easy yet it looks like you’ve taken hours to create the look! It’s very effortless chic. Once you’ve got the hang of this braid, it’s breeze! I love wearing the fishtail braid on the side of my head because it suits me the best. Either way, try the braid in in way you want to see what works best for you!
Happy fishtail braiding dolls! x
The Fishtail Braid:
- Spray hair with a volumizing dry shampoo of your choice! (I love using Oscar Blandi’s dry shampoo)
- Brush out any tangles and separate hair into two sections (make sure that they are equal sections…let’s call them A and B)
- From section A, take a little strand from the outside of the hair and cross over to Section B
- Blend it together with section B, so that it looks like you still have only two sections of hair separated
- From section B, take a little strand from the outer side of the hair and cross over to Section A
- Blend it together with section A, so that it looks like you still have only two sections of hair separated
- Repeat steps 3-6, until your desired length of the braid
- Tie with a hair tie to secure braid
- Fluff out the braids so that it looks a bit more volumized (something I love doing because it gives it a messy yet effortless look)
- Spritz hair with a hairspray of your choice to secure (you don’t have to do this, but I do it just in case!)
Remember: If you are still having trouble with grasping the fish tail braid…there are loads of youtube tutorials out there for the visual learners! This one is my favourite because this is where I first heard and learned from. Once you’ve mastered this, you can intertwine ribbons or add embellishments to dress up this look! It doesn’t have to look perfect. The whole point of this look is for it to be a little messy so that you get an effortless chic look!