Recently, I went on a short trip to New York and this is what I packed in my make up bag. I tried to pack versatile products that can be used for multiple things. Even though I overpack most times, this time around I tried to stick to basics. I’m a minimalist, so I don’t always wear heavy makeup everyday and tend to stick to a bb cream+lip balm+ eye liner combo.
- Forever 21 Classic Quilted Cosmetic Case: This is one of my favourite makeup bags because it’s adorable, classic and perfect size for a weekend trip!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Honey: One of my holy grail items that goes every where with me (here’s my review).
- MAC Penultimate liquid eye liner in Rapid Black: This is something I can wear during the day and night which can be combined with a variety of eye looks (here’s my review).
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve: This lip balm is a sacred item in my life. Can’t leave my house without it (here’s my review)!
- Tarte Lip Surgence in Perky (Limited Edition): I got this in a Christmas set and decided to use this colour as it is a perfect pop of colour for spring!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay smooth operator finishing powder (travel size): This is an amazing setting powder. I love pairing this with my BB cream because it keeps oil on my face at bay, keeps my makeup looking fresh and it doesn’t dry my skin out!
- Maybelline Great Lash in Clear: This is perfect for taming eye brows and lashes.
- Makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner in matte black (travel size): I love this for my waterline and often you will see me just wearing this with my BB cream!
- Maybelline dream bouncy blush in Peach Satin: This is the perfect blush that isn’t overpowering on my skin tone. Also, I use it on my eyes or lips if I want a pop of colour!
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara (travel size): UHM if you haven’t tried this, I highly recommend you do so. This makes my lashes look like I have false lashes on.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Medium: Another holy grail item. This does everything for me and I have used this more than any foundation in my life!
- MAC Paint pot in Groundwork: I love wearing this on it’s own (paired with a liquid liner) on days I really don’t feel like doing anything! Plus, you can use this as a primer for eyes (when trying to convert a day-to-night look…here’s my review).
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in original (travel size): This product goes with me everywhere. This is my most used and trusted eye primer.
- Clinique 3 step: This is my current skin care routine!
- The Urban Decay Naked Palette: I’m sure everyone knows how awesome this palette is and that’s why this goes with me everywhere because you can create endless eye looks!
- Misc: Hair ties, make up brushes and cotton balls always make their way into my bag because you never know when you will need them!
Tips/suggestions: Pack only the stuff you need; try to plan your looks for the nights out in advance so you know exactly what you will use and take those items with you. If you’re a mood dependent make up wearer (like me), try to take versatile products that can create numerous simple and fancy looks.
Happy make up packing dolls! x