Dainty necklaces are my weaknesses. I always find myself gravitating towards them whenever I’m jewelry shopping. In fact, even if I’m out trying to find other pieces, I still end up purchasing a “dainty” necklace on top of whatever I was set out to buy. A dainty necklace is a necklace that is a single chained necklace with a simple small pendant. To me, these necklaces can be worn everyday without worrying about being too dressed up. As you can see in the above picture, those are my favourite ones I love to wear. The price ranges vary but most of them are below $15 (CDN). With these sorts of necklaces, I’m always bargain hunting because they are so simple. Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don’t but those are the joys of shopping. Below, you will find my top 5 stores where I love to purchase dainty necklaces and one store that I lust over!
- Forever 21: This store is my go to staple for gorgeous yet cheap jewelry. 60% of my necklaces are probably from this particular store. I love that the prices are extremely cheap and the necklaces are cute.
- Aldo Accessories: Another favourite jewelry store of mine, this place won’t have the cheapest jewelry but you will get amazing products. A lot of my necklaces are from here because the pendants are so simple and I can incorporate them with casual looks.
- Ardene: This store is amazing for its deals (3 for $10, 2 for $20, etc.). When you have amazing deals, you can’t really go wrong. The dainty necklaces here are so cute and adorable. You can actually purchase ones that fit your personality (I’m sure you can tell by now that I have an unhealthy obsession with bows).
- Exhibition Place/Stalls/Little Kiosks: This is probably my favourite way to pick up any jewelry, especially dainty necklaces. I have a few showcased in the picture above that I purchased from little kiosks/booths at different events (fashion shows, Carrassauga, the EX, etc.). I love the fact that usually you will end up purchasing a unique piece and you can bargain with the seller (the South Asian in me really shines through at these things).
- Kate Spade: This is one of my favourite places to pick up jewelry because she is known to showcase bows (again an obsession that I’m probably never getting over). The price is a bit on the higher end, but you will get your money’s worth here. Plus, the quality of these products are fantastic and it doesn’t hurt that it’s super cute!
- Designer Lust: Tiffany & Co.: This is not just an engagement ring store, their jewelry lines are to die for! I love their unique necklaces (the return to Tiffany’s is adorable and iconic). Yes, the price is hefty but it is a top quality product which you will want to probably wear all the time!
Remember: It’s all about showcasing your personality through these types of necklaces. You can find them almost anywhere at any price, it all comes down to what works best for you and what your price range is. With jewelry I’ve learned one thing, if you love it at first sight, then purchase it so that you have no regrets!
Happy Dainty Necklace Shopping Dolls! x