My ten steps to eliminating stress/anxiety from your life:
- Think Positive: It’s important to remain positive when dealing with stressful situations. Most times, just believing that everything is going to be okay lowers my stress/anxiety levels (so the more you believe it, the more likely it is to happen). Always try to look for the positive aspect in any situation that gives you anxiety or stress. My favourite quote? “Life’s too short to worry about the little things & Everything happens for a reason so this shall pass!”
- Music: One of my most trusted ways to de-stress. Music can elevate anyone’s mood. Often, if I’m stressed out or worrying about something, then you will most likely find me blasting music and dancing around to it. It seriously lowers my anxiety levels immensely! My favourite band to listen to? Coldplay (all their songs lower my stress level and elevates my mood)!
- Candles: This really does work believe me! The essential oils and scents of candles have been proven to lower stress levels and make you calmer. My favourite? Eucalyptus Spearmint and Lavender Vanilla Candles from Bath & Body Works. This works like a charm for me and instantly relaxes me!
- Do something you love: Doing something you love is another good way to decrease anxiety and stress from your life. It can be anything from joining a book club to starting a blog (this is my way of de-stressing from work/world). It can be anything you love to do! Just make sure you make time in your life for it. What are some things I do? Blogging, reading about new things, & watching movies/tv shows.
- Herbal Teas: I discovered this from Youtube beauty gurus (MissGlamourazzi and Elle Fowler). After a quick google search, I learned that this actually does work in lowering anxiety and stress levels, so I figured why not try it out? Let me tell you, this was the best thing I have ever done! My stress/anxiety levels decrease within hours of consuming the teas! I feel a lot more calmer and relaxed! My favourites? The Dream (chamomile/lemon) and Pure Peppermint Teas by Tetley.
- Eat Healthy: This is pretty self-explanatory! I find that incorporating a well-balanced healthy diet in your life does help with reducing stress/anxiety. This is something that’s a work in progress for me…but I am trying! My favourite healthy meal? Salmon fillet cooked with pepper/garlic with a Kale/Sprout Salad.
- Exercise: This is another big thing that plays a huge role in reducing stress/anxiety levels. My favourite exercise? Cardio & Pilates, I find are the best way for me to relieve any stress/anxiety from the day. I come out so much more focused and calmer after a good workout!
- Sleep: This is so important because if you don’t get the right amount of sleep, then your body won’t recharge and that in turn will add even more stress/anxiety to your life. What do I do to ensure I get a good nights sleep? I try to go to bed at the same time every night and if I find that I cannot fall asleep, then I will either listen to music or have a mug of the ‘Dream’ herbal tea (this thing seriously knocks me out within 30 minutes!).
- Talk to your friends/someone: I can’t explain to you how many times I’ve vented to my core friends about the most silliest of things…but that’s why they’re your friends. They’re there to listen to you and you’re there to listen to them! This is one of the most proven ways to get rid of any stress or anxiety in your life because when you get it out of your system by talking it out, it literally is out of your head. Also, this is a great way to get another person’s perspective on a situation/issue you are going through.
- Journal: This is my go-to form for de-stressing. Although, I don’t always have time to write daily as I did before, I do journal whenever I’m feeling stressed. I find that writing out the issues/situations gets it out of my system and I’m able to look at it to find solutions.
Happy De-Stressing Dolls! x