So if you haven’t read about my favourite makeup looks from Bollywood, you can do that here. As I said earlier, a smoky eye is the best way to glam up a look and make your eye colour pop out.
As you can see, Sonakshi’s smoky eyes are flawless! Here’s how you can recreate this look:
- After you’ve completed your normal skin care routine, prep the eyes with an eye shadow primer. I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion in Original.
- Add a base colour so that the dark shadow doesn’t fade and the lighter shimmery colours (in the inner corner) are visible. I used Tarte’s smoldereyes in gunmetal. I put this all over my lids and blended the harsh lines.
- Apply a taupey-bronzey colour on your eyelids with a shadow brush. I used Toasted and a hint of Hustle from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette.
- Line your upper lashline and lower lash line with a dark black eyeliner. I used M.A.C.’s Eye kohl liner in Smolder.
- Take a liner brush and smudge the lines you just created into the outer corner of your eyes. Create a backwards “C” going into your crease line.
- With a shadow brush, take a dark black shimmery shade and apply to the outer corners of your eyelids. I used Blackheart from Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette.
- With a crease brush, apply a dark shimmery black into the crease line, smoking out the liner and Blackheart. I used Creep from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette.
- Take a highlight colour and apply to your brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes. I used Virgin from Urban Decay’s Naked Palette.
- Take a clean crease brush and blend out in a circular motion, any harsh lines created by the shadows.
- Take the same black eye liner you used earlier and line your eyes again, staying as close to the lash line as possible (this will add more drama to your lashes).
- Curl your lashes with a curler and then apply two coats of mascara to give the effect of full lashes. I used YSL’s Faux cils mascara and Tarte’s eye lash curler.
- Take your favourite brow pencil and fill in your brows. I used Anastasia’s brow wiz pencil.
- If there is excess fall out, shimmer, or glitter around the eyes, then take a tissue and wipe it off.
- Finish your look with your normal foundation routine, a nude lip and sculpted cheeks!
Remember: You can always substitute brands and colours to fit your own look. Also, you can always play around with different colours to get your own unique take on this look! Either way have fun with it!
Have A Great Day Dolls! x