Recently, I had to attend a Holiday lunch party and decided to do a little blog post on my ensemble. I had a blast putting this whole look together and had a lovely Holiday lunch party with my coworkers.
I wanted to channel my inner Audrey Hepburn (she is one of my style idols), so I decided to go for an all black outfit. This way my accessories, hair, and makeup would be the focal point of the ensemble. I wore a black long-sleeved elastic waist dress from Forever 21 (this is one of my favourite dresses to wear because you can dress it up or dress it down depending on your accessories and makeup). I paired the dress with black leggings since I wanted to go for a neutral classy look.
I wanted to incorporate the colour green into my ensemble and figured the best way to do that would be through my accessories. Since gold was my main accent colour, I decided to go with a gold and emerald statement necklace (which I got from Ardene). I went with two rings, a dainty rose gold bow ring from Kate Spade (well because everyone knows my obsession with bows) and an emerald cocktail ring, which matched perfectly with my necklace. I added a woven brown belt to match my shoes and to accentuate the waistline.
Since I wore leggings, I opted for mid-calf brown slouchy boots, which I got years ago from Costa Blanca. They were comfy and perfect for my ensemble! Since it was a Holiday party, I wanted to also incorporate the colour red somehow (which I did through my lips as well). So I decided to go with a red Michael Kors quilted/studded crossbody purse (which my mom was generous enough to let me borrow for the day). As I mentioned that gold was one of my main accent colours, so the gold detailing on this purse was a perfect match for my other accessories.
I went with one of my favourite go-to hairstyles at the moment, curls! Here’s a tutorial I did earlier on how you can get the perfect curls using a wand.
I went with a bold red lip so that meant keeping all other parts of my face neutral so that everything was balanced out. Below you will find a list of products I used to achieve the look I wanted and I’ve also shown you how to get the subtle smoky eye look I did!
- Blush: Nars Blush in Dolce Vita
- Lips: Chanel’s Rouge Allure Velvet in La Fascinante
- Brows: Anastasia BrowWiz and Maybelline’s Clear Lash Mascara
The Subtle Smokey Eye look using Urban Decay’s Naked Palette
1) Apply an eyeshadow primer all over your lids (I went with Urban Decay’s Primer Potion).
2) Apply a base colour all over the lids (I went with Tarte’s Smoldereyes in Champagne).
3) Take the shade Buck and with a crease brush apply to the outer corners and blend it into your crease.
4) Take the shade Toasted with a flat shadow brush and apply all over the lids.
5) Take the same crease brush you used earlier and dip into Hustle and Darckhorse; and apply only to the outer corners of your eyes, smoking it in circular motions into your crease.
6) Take the shade Darkhorse with a liner brush and line your lower lash line as well as your upper lash line.
7) Take your favourite black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay’s Zero) and apply to your waterline as well as line your upper lash line (from mid-lid to the outer corner).
8) Take a liner brush and soften the line by tracing the line you just created.
9) Take the shade Virgin and Naked and apply to the brow bone.
10) With a clean crease brush, soften any harsh lines.
11) I wanted to define my eyes a little bit more so I took a gel liner (Marc Jacobs Liner in Blacquer) and decided to do a mini winged line.
12) I finished the look with two coats of Maybelline’s Big Eyes Mascara!
And this was my whole ensemble at a recent Holiday lunch! Hope you are having a wonderful Holiday season and find some inspiration from my look for any of your upcoming parties! Make sure to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr for all the latest updates on this blog!
Happy Weekend Dolls! x