Here’s one of my favourite eye looks for a night out! With spring just around the corner, I find myself incorporating more colours into my makeup and wardrobe! This particular eye look can be paired up with any outfit, but below you will find an outfit that I have paired this look with! Have fun recreating this look. But remember, you can always change things around to add your unique personal twist to it!
This is one of my favourite go-to palettes I picked up a year ago from Sephora! This Too Faced Cosmetics’ palette is inspired by The Sound Of Music and includes pretty much everything I need to create different makeup looks!
The Green Glittery Smoky Eye
1) First apply an eye shadow primer all over your lids (including your lower lids). I used Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion.
2) Take a light beige shade and apply all over your lids, including your brow bone, with a flat shadow brush. I used Cream Colored Ponies.
3) Using a flat shadow brush, take a dark shimmery green colour and apply all over the lids, packing on the shadow. I used Evergreen.
4) Take a dark shimmery brown colour with a fluffy crease brush and apply into the crease, blending the harsh lines. Make sure to apply the same shade in your outer eye corner. I used Buche de Noel.
5) Using a liner brush, dip into a shimmery dark teal shadow and line your upper/lower lash line. The thickness of the line is completely up to you. I used Blue Satin Sashes because it has a little bit of gold glitter to it.
6) Line your upper/lower lash and waterlines with your favourite black liner. When lining your upper lash line, make sure to line 2/3 of your eye lids. I used MAC’s eye kohl in smolder.
7) Take a pencil brush and slowly soften (in circular motions) the liner by retracing the line you created with the brush. Pull in the liner into the whole lid.
8) Take that same shimmery dark teal shadow, you used earlier to line, and with the same liner brush; reapply the shadow on top of the softened black liner. This will create a smoldering effect between the black and teal colour!
9) Using your favourite product to fill in your brows (mine is Browzings from Benefit), fill them in. Using a lash curler, curl your lashes and apply your favourite lengthening dark mascara. I used Benefit’s “they’re real!” mascara.
10) Wipe off any excess fallout from the shadows or glitter. Apply the same green eye shadow you used as a base into the inner corners of your eyes.
11) Finish off your foundation routine: To prime my face, I used Benefit’s Porefessional. I used MAC’s mineralize SPF foundation. Also, rather than using blush; I decided to use a bronzer to contour my face. I used the Chocolate Soleil bronzer (it smells like chocolate I kid you not) from the palette. Make sure to set your makeup, I used Make Up Forever’s HD finishing powder. For my lips: I used Revlon’s Lip Butter in Candy Apple.
12) Now that you have completed your makeup routine, you can go ahead with your hair and outfit!
Purse: Rebecca Minkoff’s Mini MAC
Accessories: Michael Kors, Ardene, Kate Spade, Suzy Shier
Hair: The Braided Bun 😉
Have An Awesome Sunday Dolls! x