Sephora held its VIB Rouge Beauty Before Brunch event this past Sunday, where all VIB Rouge members and a guest got first access to 15% off your total purchase in-store, which was only open for VIB Rougers. If you want to know more about the Sephora Beauty Insider Program & how to score an invite to more sales like this, click here.
My local Sephora did a phenomenal job hosting this event! Not only did they have Starbucks and cookies (Starbucks is like air to me); but they also had various reps present from all the brands they hold there to explain and recommend their products to you, on top of giving out an abundance of samples. And as if that wasn’t enough, they also had a very nice photo-op area set up as well as various How-to-workshops and you got to take home a makeup bag full of samples. My favourite part had to be the fact that the whole store/mall was only open for the VIB Rouge members (complete celeb status feeling).
Since I was a girl on a mission, I went straight into doing some serious damage to my bank account. This time around, I took my mom as a guest and I think she probably had the time of her life stocking up on all her beauty items (being a beauty addict is a genetic thing). All in all, it was an awesome event and I can’t wait to go to the next one. Below is a list of items I purchased from two Sephora visits and why I purchased them as well as the samples and the makeup bag I got as a gift (one was from this event and another was a couple of weeks ago for my birthday).
- Christian Dior’s Crème De Rose Lip Balm: This has been on my “must try” list for the longest time and I figured now that I’m almost done my stash of lip balms, I should pick this one up.
- First Aid Beauty’s Eye Duty Overnight Balm: This was recommended to me by one of the sales associates. She told me this was a new product that she tried and currently loved, so I figured why not give it a whirl!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit- Medium to Tan: Initially, I wasn’t sold on this product. My friend tried to talk me into trying this out because she had heard great things about it. But after going in store and swatching it as well as trying it out, I was sold and had to pick it up!
- Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Transformative Foundation in Fawn Deep: I read about this in Allure’s Best of Beauty article and it seemed every person that tried this product was raving about it. After trying this at the store, I fell in love and had to get it!
- Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Rosewood: I’m a big fan of Bite’s lipsticks. When I heard about this new kind of lipstick they were putting out, I had to try it. The shade I picked up was the one that looked the nicest for a day-to-night look for my skin tone.
- NARS Birthday gift: Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (This is Sephora’s birthday gift for this year!)
- Bumble and Bumble’s BB. All Style Blow Dry: I needed a multipurpose heat protectant for my hair and because majority of B&B’s products have never disappointed me, I decided to pick this up and see if it really lives up to its hype.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I’ve never really used a facemask and after talking to the Origins rep at the event, I was sold on this product. I tried it on my hand and I loved everything about it.
- Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion Number 3: This product was a repurchase. You can read my review about it here to find out why I can’t live without this!
- Buxom Waterproof Lash Mascara in Blackest Black: I had tried a sample version of this mascara and I absolutely fell in love with it (you can click here to find out why). I figured I’d pick up a waterproof version of this mascara for everyday wear.
- Christian Dior’s Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Catwalk Black: This is a product I repurchased (you can read why here). All I have to say is that this is the best mascara I have ever used in my life.
- Kat Von D’s Tattoo liner in Trooper: I tried a sample version of this product and I liked it. I know I swear by my MAC penultimate liquid liner but I figured I should branch out and give this one a whirl!
- Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick in Turn On: I love Urban Decay’s products and I have never tried any of their lip products, so I thought this is the perfect opportunity to pick up a nice shade for spring!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey: I have been dying to try these lipsticks. I’ll be honest; I wasn’t sure what shade I wanted. When I saw that there was a shade called Audrey, I had to pick that one being an Audrey Hepburn fanatic and all.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio: I bought this because my mom has been raving about it to me and because I’m starting to catch matte lipstick fever. This is a really pretty red!
Let me know if you want me to review any of these products! Happy Sephora shopping dolls! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest! x (Also, this sale is on till April 21st, so anyone that’s a VIB or a VIB Rouge…this is the time to stock up!)