Hi Dolls! Hope you’re doing well! If you haven’t checked out my last blog post, you can do so right here! As always, make sure you follow me on all my social media accounts listed on the right hand side of this page as well as the bottom of this post.
If you remember (this one goes out to the extremely loyal readers), I had previously posted a “what’s in my makeup bag” blog post a couple years ago. That was then and this is what I carry now when I travel (no matter the duration of time). Not only will I list the products here but I’ve also created a quick video (for all my fellow lazy-ers, who would rather see what I carry than read about it…I mean you can do both).
- MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep: This product is a multipurpose product for me. I use it as a setting powder. I use this product over a foundation primer. I sometimes use this as an eye shadow base (if I don’t want to wear an eye shadow).
- Make Up For Ever’s Full Cover Waterproof Concealer in 10: I haven’t come across a better concealer just yet! You can wear this on its on or on top of your foundation. You don’t need a lot of product and it blends into your skin extremely well!
- MAC Cosmetics’ Lip Pencil in Whirl: This is perfect for traveling because I can wear this on its own on my lips for a “better than your actual lip colour” look (yes it is totally a thing and if it’s not, I’m making it a thing). I like to fill my lips with this liner and then dab some lip balm on top and it’s a great neutral lip look for the day!
- NARS’ Larger Than Life Eye liner in Vio Veneto: Hands down best black eye liner I have ever used. Period. Plus, it’s perfect to wear on your waterline and won’t smudge at all on a hot sunny day when you’re hiking or if you’re out on a boat (because those are CLEARLY what I do when I travel…for verification follow me on instagram).
- Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in Trooper: Okay. I cannot and will not leave my house without this liquid liner.
- MAC Cosmetics’ Paint Pot in Groundwork: Again, I love wearing this on its own & on days I don’t want to do anything extravagant with my eyes. Also, this is a great base for your lids!
- NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: Literally, THE BEST. Nothing will move. Trust me. NOTHING!
- Christian Dior’s Crème De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm: Remember how I said I love wearing the Whirl lip liner on its own with some lip balm? This is the balm for that look! This keeps my lips smooth while adding a little life to my lips!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown: Oh my brows love this so much!
- MAC Cosmetics’ Prep+Prime Fix+: When you travel, your skin’s moisture can get messed up (there are proven theories out there). I find this not only wakes up my face but it adds moisture for a nice dewey look! Also, this is a great mist for foiling eye shadows for a night time look!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel: Have I not made this obvious? I get lazy sometimes with my makeup. This product is great for putting on in the morning (either with brow wiz or on its own) and it’ll last until you take your makeup off!
- Christian Dior’s Diorshow Waterproof Mascara: My most trusted and used product for obvious reasons.
- Make Up For Ever’s HD setting Powder: Because ALL of your instagram selfies need to look awesome without a filter! Duh.
- Urban Decay’s Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Lip Pencil: I use this under the one coloured lipstick I take with me because it really holds on to your lip colour for the day without feathering!
- Smashbox’s Photo Finish Foundation Primer with SPF 15: I love this primer! You can wear it literally under any type of foundation and it almost blurs out all visible imperfections! Plus, it has SPF 15!
- Smashbox’s Always On Liquid Lipstick in Bawse: Because everyone should feel like a BAWSE when they travel! Plus, you want your lips to have a pop of colour during night time outings!
- NARS’ Bronzer in Laguna: Everyone should have this product. You can contour or just add a little bit of colour to your face!
- Urban Decay’s Naked Basics’ Eye Shadow Palette: You can create day time looks and night time looks with this palette. Plus, I love the compact size!
- Tom Ford Beauty’s Cheek Colour in Wicked: I’m literally so obsessed with this blush!! It’s pretty. It’s also buildable, so you can dab a bit during the day and a bit more for the night!
- NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Annapurna Medium 2: This is one of the easiest and comfortable wearing liquid foundation I’ve tried! It’s a buildable tinted moisturizer, which is perfect for traveling!
- Smashbox’s Always Sharp liner in Royal: In case you want a pop of colour with all your neutral eye looks!
- Tools: They range from Tarte to Sephora brand and are literally just brushes which work for me!
See you in the next post!