I will be the first one to admit that I cannot contour properly. You’ll always find me making fishy faces or staring at my Instagram feed trying to figure out how to perfectly contour. But what I will say is these 5 palettes have helped me big time. I know I’m SO late to the contouring game (but honestly, who FOLLOWS trends right? It’s all about making them) but here are 5 of my favourite contour palettes that work best for a novice like me!
- Sleek Makeup’s Cream Contour Kit in Medium: I picked this up at Ulta and I am in love with how simple and easy it is to use. It’s also the cheapest palette out of these and my wallet cannot be any happier!
- Urban Decay’s Shape Shifter in Medium Dark: This impulse buy ended up being one of my favourite UD purchases in a long time. This is perfect for travel because it has both cream and powder contour shades plus a gorgeous highlight shade!
- Kat Von D’s Shade+Light Palette: This is the holy grail of contour products. These powders feel like butter and blend perfectly on your skin. You can also use the lighter shades to bake!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Medium to Tan: This was one of my first ever contour palettes I had ever purchased and I always go back to it. I love that it’s buildable and perfect for my skin tone!
- NARS Contour Blush in Paloma: This one is my favourite for everyday mainly because it’s super simple to use and it looks like I contoured without even trying (that’s how you’re supposed to rock this trend right? lolz).