Hello Dolls! Hope you’re having a great day today! If you haven’t read my previous post, then you can do so by clicking right here. Make sure you follow me on all my social media accounts listed at the top of this page! In this post, I’m going review one of my favourite hair oils I’ve been obsessed with for the last little while. This particular product made my favourite winter care items list and I can’t begin to stress how amazing it really is!
I bought this bottle on a whim at Sephora because that’s literally how I roll sometimes. I didn’t read any previous reviews nor did I read what it does other than the fact that it’s an “invisible” hair oil that is supposed to soften your hair and I was sold just based on that. So when I first used it, I put one pump all over my hair before I air-dried it. I was blown away at the fact that a little bit of oil softened my whole head of hair! Also, it smells so GOOD!
Product Formula and Feel
This oil isn’t oily at all. It feels like a dry oil (I don’t know how else to explain it). There’s no residue nor does it make your hair super oily. As I mentioned, a little goes a long way and you do not need to use a lot of this product, which is great. I found one pump of this was good for my long hair! It smells great. Like wonderful. Like I just want to inhale it all day. lolz. My favourite part of this product is the fact that not only does it soften your hair but it nourishes it without feeling oily. It also tames flyaways and de-frizzes it. Also, I find that it’s SO weightless that it doesn’t even feel like you have oil in your hair. Which I guess makes sense given it’s an “invisible” hair oil. I have thick straight colour treated hair and it works fine for me. I also love that it adds a subtle bit of shine (especially if you’re going for a polished sleek look). It’s acts as a heat protectant and it has UVA/B filters (perf). Honestly, this is one of the best multitasking hair product I have ever used!
Product Formula, Result & Feel Rating: 10/10
Price, availability & accessibility
You can pick this bottle up for $50 (CDN) at Sephora. Yes, I know it’s a hefty price but you don’t need to use a lot at all. I’m not even half way done my bottle and I’ve had it for a while and I use it often.
My hair has never been happier! I am absolutely in love with this product not because it does everything it says it will but because it’s so hassle free and easy to use! This is definitely worth every penny!
Overall Rating: 10/10
See you in the next post!
With winter on the horizon, I wanted to share with you my favourite products for the wintertime. The products mentioned here have helped me combat all sorts of hair and skin care issues one can face during the winter! As always, make sure to follow me on all my socials listed on the side bar. Don’t forget to read my previous blog post as well!
- Tarte’s Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion: Just because it’s winter, it doesn’t mean you stop using your sunscreen! This has to be one of the most moisturizing sunscreens I have ever used (which is a HUGE plus during the dry winter months). I always tend to react horribly to sunscreen, but this is the ONLY one out there that has never broken me out!
- Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil: My hair has never been happier! If you’re dealing with dry split ends or just overall dull hair during the winter months, this product is for you! One pump gives my hair moisture without making it oily and my hair feels healthy (even under the dreaded hat).
- La Neige’s Water Sleeping Mask: Having issues with your dry skin? Fear not, La Neige is here to save you while you sleep (literally). I kid you not, you wake up to the softest most healthiest skin ever. But, be sure to only use it once a week!
- Dior’s Crème De La Rose Lip balm: I don’t like the feeling of dry lips nor do I like reapplying my lip balm numerous times…this product combats them both with ease! You only need to reapply this twice (maybe) during the day and your lips feel super drenched with moisture!
- Clinique’s Moisture Surge Intense Thirst Relief Lotion: I like to layer this either under my makeup or on top of my sunscreen. I can go on and on about why this is amazing for your face (you can read that here). But if you have combination oily skin, then THIS is for you.
- Bliss’ High Intensity Hand Cream: Dry and cracking hands are not my favourite part of winter (what a waste of a manicure). This product not only moisturizes your hands but it also smells great! It’s soothing and doesn’t leave your hands super oily.
- Johnson’s Baby Lotion: You know this product well. It’s been a staple for everyone at some point in their lives and honestly, this is pretty self-explanatory. You want skin as soft as babies? This is it. All year round.
The classic hairdo that never really goes out of style. The reason why I call this the “wand-er curl” is because you don’t use a typical curling iron with a clamp but rather a curling wand to create curls. This method makes curls look more natural (a conical wand makes curls look more soft and wavy like).
The Wand-er Curl
- Brush hair so that there are no knots or tangles.
- Spray hair with a heat protectant. This one is my favourite one.
- Section hair off into 2 sections.
- Take a curling wand and set it to 330 degrees Fahrenheit (this can depend on the different types of waves/curls you want so make sure to play around with what works best for you and your hairtype). This is the curling iron I used and I love it! It comes with a heat protectant glove, so that you don’t burn your hand!
- Take 1” pieces and wrap around the wand (a little bit above the midway shaft in your hair section). I usually turn the wand upside down, so that the curls come out thinner in width at the end and also it’s a lot more comfy. Leave the piece wrapped for 5 seconds(this will vary depending on your hair type).
- After 5 seconds, leave the piece on the hand that’s not holding the wand for the curl to cool. (this will allow for the curl to set without hairspray first!).
- Repeat steps 5-7 for the whole bottom half section (make sure to curl towards you for a few and curl away from you for a few of the sections…this makes it look a bit more natural); once done curling the section, spray with hairspray (this one does not weigh the hair down nor does it leave it crunchy!) and DO NOT brush through the curls yet.
- Repeat steps 4-8 for the top half section.
- For the front pieces/bangs: Curl one side towards your face and curl one side away from your face. Spray with hair spray.
- Wait about 15 minutes, to let the whole head of curls/waves set. I usually do my make up during this time or I blast a few of my favourite songs and relax!
- Flip your head upside down and use your fingers to separate all the curls (slowly starting from the roots to the tips); Spray with hair spray lightly again.
- This isn’t shown in the video but for MORE Volume: Take a teasing comb and start teasing the roots only.
- Smooth out any flyaways with the teasing comb, lightly.
- Spray a light spritz of hairspray to set the whole look! (keep the hairspray a little further away to just lightly spray).
Remember: Using curling wands can be tough but once you get the hang of it, it’s super quick and easy. This whole look takes me about 20 minutes to do. I’ve timelapsed the video to you how easy it can be!
Happy Hairstyling Dolls! x
If there’s anything else I’m obsessed with (more than makeup), then it definitely has to be hair products. Due to my excessive obsession, I’ve probably tried almost everything out there in the hair product market and below you will find my Holy Grail hair products, which I cannot live without. Don’t forget to follow me on my various social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr).
Bumble and Bumble’s BB. Thickening Hairspray
- What: It’s a thickening hairspray, which you spray onto damp hair before you blow dry it. It “thickens” your hair by lifting the roots, giving you the ultimate voluminous hairdo.
- Why: My hair literally grows an inch in volume. You won’t need to tease your hair because this spray will add that volume to the roots. It also smells nice and leaves my hair feeling healthy and soft!
- Where: Sephora
L’Oreal Paris’ Elnett Satin Hairspray (Unscented)
- What: An aerosol hairspray which promises you long-lasting hold without the “crunchy” hair feeling. It’s got micro-diffusion technology, which disappears at the stroke of a hairbrush.
- Why: My hair does not move. My curls stay intact. My teased crown never falls flat. And this is definitely because of this hair spray. So I can safely say, best hairspray…ever.
- Where: Any Drugstore, I got mine at Walmart.
Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Crème
- What: It’s a 10 in 1 “Beauty Balm” for your hair. It repairs rough hair, strengthens against damage, gives your hair silky softness, brilliant shine, smooths your hair, moisturizes dry hair, controls frizz, protects your hair against heat damage, tames fly aways and provides perfect hair manageability.
- Why: Absolutely, one of the best hair products I have ever used. Not only are all 10 of these claims true, this product doesn’t make your hair feel heavy at all.
- Where: Any Drugstore, I got mine at Walmart.
Dove’ Style+Care Frizz-Proof Cream-Serum
- What: This is a cream-serum which gently prevents frizz, nourishes your hair with long-lasting shine and satin-smooth hair, while trying to amend split ends.
- Why: First of all, this smells amazing! I’ve noticed a significant change in my hair ever since I’ve started using this serum. My flyaways are tamed and that’s reason enough for me to keep using this product over and over again.
- Where: Any Drugstore, I got mine at Walmart.
Living Proof’s Prime Style Extender
- What: This is a weightless cream that perfects, weather proofs and locks in your hairstyle until your next shampoo. It smooths and corrects hair strands while blocking any humidity and harmful moisture flux. It also repels oil and dirt, keeping your hair clean. You can layer this hair product or use it on its own.
- Why: Best. Hair Product. Ever. (at least for me). I seriously can’t explain to you how much this particular product has done for my hair and my hairstyles, especially in the summer season.
- Where: Sephora
Bumble and Bumble’s Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil
- What: It’s an “invisible” oil, which literally vanishes into your hair, when applied. It leaves your hair feeling feather soft with a hint of shine. It’s got UV filters, it protects your hair against heat damage and tames flyaways. You can use this on damp or dry hair.
- Why: Oh my goodness, if you haven’t tried this hair product yet, then you need to do so. Every claim is true about this product and the best part about this is that it doesn’t feel like there’s any trace of “oil” in your hair.
- Where: Sephora
Bumble and Bumble’s Bb. All-Style Blow Dry Cream
- What: This blow-dry cream leaves your hair feeling healthy, adds “oomph”, shine and “swoosh”, fights frizz, prevents heat damage and has oil absorbing powders to help keep all styles of hair looking flawlessly fresh.
- Why: Did you not read all the claims? My hair looks insanely healthy whenever I use this. The amount of compliments I’ve received about my hair ever since I’ve used this product is nuts. This layers perfectly with other hair products and you literally have that voluminous va va voom hair until your next shampoo. No lie. Also, it smells yummy!
- Where: Sephora
TreSemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray
- What: This is a heat protectant that guards your hair against heat and friction to keep your hair shiny and incredibly soft.
- Why: This is the only product I use before I use my curling wand. It smells great, protects my hair against any heat damage and most importantly of all, it leaves my hair super soft.
- Where: Walmart or any drugstore.
Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo
- What: It’s a lightweight refresher spray for your hair that has a natural tapioca formula to absorb excess oil, transforming lifeless, oily hair into fresh hair.
- Why: One of the best dry shampoos I have ever used. It smells amazing. It refreshes my hair. It gets rid of excessive oil and overall, makes my hair feel incredible in between shampooing.
- Where: Any Drugstore, I got mine at Walmart.
L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Styling Heat Spray – Volume
- What: A heat protection spray which provides your hair with volume for up to 3 days. It also “thickens” your hair to add volume, softness, shine and lock out flyaways.
- Why: This gives my hair amazing volume and protects my hair from any heat damage caused by my hair dryer. I like to wear this on its own and it makes my hair feel and look great!
- Where: Walmart or any drugstore.
Have a great day dolls! x
Sephora held its VIB Rouge Beauty Before Brunch event this past Sunday, where all VIB Rouge members and a guest got first access to 15% off your total purchase in-store, which was only open for VIB Rougers. If you want to know more about the Sephora Beauty Insider Program & how to score an invite to more sales like this, click here.
My local Sephora did a phenomenal job hosting this event! Not only did they have Starbucks and cookies (Starbucks is like air to me); but they also had various reps present from all the brands they hold there to explain and recommend their products to you, on top of giving out an abundance of samples. And as if that wasn’t enough, they also had a very nice photo-op area set up as well as various How-to-workshops and you got to take home a makeup bag full of samples. My favourite part had to be the fact that the whole store/mall was only open for the VIB Rouge members (complete celeb status feeling).
Since I was a girl on a mission, I went straight into doing some serious damage to my bank account. This time around, I took my mom as a guest and I think she probably had the time of her life stocking up on all her beauty items (being a beauty addict is a genetic thing). All in all, it was an awesome event and I can’t wait to go to the next one. Below is a list of items I purchased from two Sephora visits and why I purchased them as well as the samples and the makeup bag I got as a gift (one was from this event and another was a couple of weeks ago for my birthday).
- Christian Dior’s Crème De Rose Lip Balm: This has been on my “must try” list for the longest time and I figured now that I’m almost done my stash of lip balms, I should pick this one up.
- First Aid Beauty’s Eye Duty Overnight Balm: This was recommended to me by one of the sales associates. She told me this was a new product that she tried and currently loved, so I figured why not give it a whirl!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit- Medium to Tan: Initially, I wasn’t sold on this product. My friend tried to talk me into trying this out because she had heard great things about it. But after going in store and swatching it as well as trying it out, I was sold and had to pick it up!
- Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Transformative Foundation in Fawn Deep: I read about this in Allure’s Best of Beauty article and it seemed every person that tried this product was raving about it. After trying this at the store, I fell in love and had to get it!
- Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Rosewood: I’m a big fan of Bite’s lipsticks. When I heard about this new kind of lipstick they were putting out, I had to try it. The shade I picked up was the one that looked the nicest for a day-to-night look for my skin tone.
- NARS Birthday gift: Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (This is Sephora’s birthday gift for this year!)
- Bumble and Bumble’s BB. All Style Blow Dry: I needed a multipurpose heat protectant for my hair and because majority of B&B’s products have never disappointed me, I decided to pick this up and see if it really lives up to its hype.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I’ve never really used a facemask and after talking to the Origins rep at the event, I was sold on this product. I tried it on my hand and I loved everything about it.
- Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion Number 3: This product was a repurchase. You can read my review about it here to find out why I can’t live without this!
- Buxom Waterproof Lash Mascara in Blackest Black: I had tried a sample version of this mascara and I absolutely fell in love with it (you can click here to find out why). I figured I’d pick up a waterproof version of this mascara for everyday wear.
- Christian Dior’s Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Catwalk Black: This is a product I repurchased (you can read why here). All I have to say is that this is the best mascara I have ever used in my life.
- Kat Von D’s Tattoo liner in Trooper: I tried a sample version of this product and I liked it. I know I swear by my MAC penultimate liquid liner but I figured I should branch out and give this one a whirl!
- Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick in Turn On: I love Urban Decay’s products and I have never tried any of their lip products, so I thought this is the perfect opportunity to pick up a nice shade for spring!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey: I have been dying to try these lipsticks. I’ll be honest; I wasn’t sure what shade I wanted. When I saw that there was a shade called Audrey, I had to pick that one being an Audrey Hepburn fanatic and all.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio: I bought this because my mom has been raving about it to me and because I’m starting to catch matte lipstick fever. This is a really pretty red!
Let me know if you want me to review any of these products! Happy Sephora shopping dolls! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest! x (Also, this sale is on till April 21st, so anyone that’s a VIB or a VIB Rouge…this is the time to stock up!)
A couple of years ago, I was reading a magazine article about hair care when I stumbled upon the concept of dry shampoo. I was never really aware of what it was or what the significance of it was. You use a dry shampoo in between washing your hair. Dry shampoo absorbs any excess oil in your hair without drying your scalp out, so that you don’t have to wash your hair everyday. Washing your hair everyday can affect the texture and well-being of your hair. So recently, when I heard that Herbal Essences came out with their Naked line of hair care (here’s my review), I came across this particular product. After a quick research online, I found that Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo was being raved about extensively and you know that I had to give it a try! This product is in the form of an aerosol can (just like hairspray). It has natural tapioca to absorb oil and rejuvenate dirty hair for a clean feeling. Like the other products from the Naked line, this product’s fragrance is a mixture between white grapefruit and mint. It has no parabens or dyes.
After using this product for a month, I can definitely say that this is a pretty decent drugstore brand dry shampoo. Firstly, I love the smell of this product. It’s not overbearing nor does it linger on too much. It’s the perfect balance between the two. It smells clean and fresh, which is what you want with a dry shampoo. Secondly, the aerosol spray can is very simple to use. What I do is, I flip my hair upside down and spray this product all over (especially at the roots). Then I flip my hair back and spray under the crown area for extra volume. I find this absorbs all the excess oil without drying my hair out. Thirdly, this dry shampoo adds volume to your hair. I found that by using my method of using this product, I was able to garner some volume back into my hair in between washing it! I usually wash my hair every other day, but I found that when I use this, my hair feels like it’s just been washed! Lastly, it doesn’t leave any residue nor does it make my hair sticky. My hair feels soft to touch and just perfect (honestly, that’s the best way I can describe this). All things considered, I can safely say that this is one of my favourite dry shampoos from the drugstore. It worked for my hair type and I am pretty sure that I will be repurchasing this product once I am done with it! I got mine from Wal-Mart for less than $7 (CDN). If you’re looking for an inexpensive dry shampoo to try, then this is it!
Happy Shopping Dolls! x
- Easy to use
- Leaves hair soft, volumized
- Absorbs excess oil without drying scalp or hair
- Smells great
Rating: 10/10 (I truly do believe that this is a product everyone should try out because it really did do wonders for me!)
The annual Sephora VIB Sale took place this past weekend and anyone who knows me, knows that this is the one day I wait for every year (next to my birthday & Boxing Day of course). If you want to know more about the Sephora Beauty Insider Program & how to score an invite to this sale, click here. Usually, I go in with a long list of items that I want to stock up on. This time around, I made a list of things I had either tried in sample size & loved or was dying to try. I made two trips to Sephora to purchase my goodies and I can’t wait to try all of them out in the next few weeks & months! Below is a list of the things I purchased and why I purchased them:
- Bumble & Bumble’s Non Stop Softness Set: I purchased this because the invisible hair oil has had rave reviews ever since its debut. It also won the coveted Allure’s best awards 2014, so of course I had to pick this set up. You get the full size hair oil with the corresponding deluxe size shampoo and conditioner (all for the price of the full-sized hair oil).
- Marc Jacobs’ The Sky-Liner Set: As everyone is already aware, I have quite an unhealthy obsession with anything Marc Jacobs. I absolutely love the MJ Beauty line and have been dying to try these gel eye liners out for a while now. These liners are supposedly amazing because of its incredible staying power. I swatched this set and fell in love with the range of colours, which are perfect for this holiday season!
- Urban Decay’s Vice 3 Palette: I own the first two Vice Palettes and I loved them, so it was only right for me to purchase the 3rd one! These colours are gorgeous and Urban Decay’s quality of shadows have never disappointed me. I love that this time around you get a cute make up bag which fits the Palette perfectly with it!
- Tarte’s Pin Up Girl Blush Palette (currently sold out at Sephora & it’s limited edition so not sure if it’ll be back): This blush palette has to be one of the best buys of the Holiday season. I had purchased the one last year and fell in love with the colours. So this year when I went in and saw a whole set of new colours, I had to get this one too! This palette is so cute, it’s like a mini clutch and it has two adorable hair clips that come with it (& you know you can’t go with that).
- Bumble & Bumble’s Make it Big Set: This was one thing that was on my list to get! I had tried the thickening hairspray earlier and I fell in love with it. This boxed set is great because you get the full size hairspray with the corresponding shampoo/conditioner (which I have never tried!) all for the price of the full-sized hairspray. I’m very impressed with B&B’s holiday lineup this year!
- Sephora Favourites Give Me More Lip Set: I instantly fell in love with this set when I saw it. It’s got a nice serving of your nudes, berries, reds and pinks all in one box! You get a few full sized products along with deluxe sized products (which is find with me because I get to try different brands before I commit to them).
- Urban Decay’s Little Perversions Set: This is probably my favourite purchase. Urban Decay’s perversion liners are the blackest liners I have ever tried. This set contains different versions of the liner as well as the mascara/mascara primer. I had to pick this up because everyone knows you can’t have enough black liners!
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bachelorette: This is one of the best liquid lipsticks I have ever tried and initially I went in looking for the shade Lolita (which is supposedly sold out everywhere) but picked up Bachelorette instead. The staying power of these lipsticks are insanely amazing. It is food, drink and kiss proof.
- Urban Decay’s Naked Basics 1: This purchase was made on a whim. I have been battling with whether or not I should get this. The reviews are great but I still was unsure because I already own all 3 of the naked palettes. The fact that the shadows are matte all in one palette is what swayed me to get this!
Have A Great Monday Dolls! x
(If you want to see reviews/swatches of these products…comment & let me know!)