A couple of weeks ago, I came across Yves Rocher at the mall and wondered why I hadn’t ever gone inside. Once I went in, I was mesmerized and decided to pick up some beauty goodies just to try the brand out!
- Blush Brush, Foundation Brush, Kabubki Brush, & Concealer Brush (These were on sale for $5 each and I just couldn’t resist)
- Botanical Nail Polish in Iridescent Anthracite, Frosted Pink Champagne, Litchi Glacé, Celadon Blue, Pearly Midnight Blue, Rose Grenadine (Again, these bottles of nail polish were only $3 each and one can never have enough nail polishes)
- Nourishing Body Lotion in Almond (I’m a sucker for body lotions and this one smelled heavenly)
- Radiant Lip & Cheek Crayon in Gold Pearl (I think I found my new glitter highlighter for my eyes and top coat for my lips)
- Radiant Lip Crayon in Golden Sand & Perfect Light Pink (These two were given to me for free and I can’t explain to you how much I’m in love with these two shades!)
- Liquid Hand Soap in Lavindin from Provence (You can never have enough lavender hand soap and since I’m going to be traveling soon, I wanted something small to carry with me)
Sephora held its VIB Rouge Beauty Before Brunch event this past Sunday, where all VIB Rouge members and a guest got first access to 15% off your total purchase in-store, which was only open for VIB Rougers. If you want to know more about the Sephora Beauty Insider Program & how to score an invite to more sales like this, click here.
My local Sephora did a phenomenal job hosting this event! Not only did they have Starbucks and cookies (Starbucks is like air to me); but they also had various reps present from all the brands they hold there to explain and recommend their products to you, on top of giving out an abundance of samples. And as if that wasn’t enough, they also had a very nice photo-op area set up as well as various How-to-workshops and you got to take home a makeup bag full of samples. My favourite part had to be the fact that the whole store/mall was only open for the VIB Rouge members (complete celeb status feeling).
Since I was a girl on a mission, I went straight into doing some serious damage to my bank account. This time around, I took my mom as a guest and I think she probably had the time of her life stocking up on all her beauty items (being a beauty addict is a genetic thing). All in all, it was an awesome event and I can’t wait to go to the next one. Below is a list of items I purchased from two Sephora visits and why I purchased them as well as the samples and the makeup bag I got as a gift (one was from this event and another was a couple of weeks ago for my birthday).
- Christian Dior’s Crème De Rose Lip Balm: This has been on my “must try” list for the longest time and I figured now that I’m almost done my stash of lip balms, I should pick this one up.
- First Aid Beauty’s Eye Duty Overnight Balm: This was recommended to me by one of the sales associates. She told me this was a new product that she tried and currently loved, so I figured why not give it a whirl!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit- Medium to Tan: Initially, I wasn’t sold on this product. My friend tried to talk me into trying this out because she had heard great things about it. But after going in store and swatching it as well as trying it out, I was sold and had to pick it up!
- Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Transformative Foundation in Fawn Deep: I read about this in Allure’s Best of Beauty article and it seemed every person that tried this product was raving about it. After trying this at the store, I fell in love and had to get it!
- Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Rosewood: I’m a big fan of Bite’s lipsticks. When I heard about this new kind of lipstick they were putting out, I had to try it. The shade I picked up was the one that looked the nicest for a day-to-night look for my skin tone.
- NARS Birthday gift: Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (This is Sephora’s birthday gift for this year!)
- Bumble and Bumble’s BB. All Style Blow Dry: I needed a multipurpose heat protectant for my hair and because majority of B&B’s products have never disappointed me, I decided to pick this up and see if it really lives up to its hype.
- Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask: I’ve never really used a facemask and after talking to the Origins rep at the event, I was sold on this product. I tried it on my hand and I loved everything about it.
- Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion Number 3: This product was a repurchase. You can read my review about it here to find out why I can’t live without this!
- Buxom Waterproof Lash Mascara in Blackest Black: I had tried a sample version of this mascara and I absolutely fell in love with it (you can click here to find out why). I figured I’d pick up a waterproof version of this mascara for everyday wear.
- Christian Dior’s Diorshow Waterproof mascara in Catwalk Black: This is a product I repurchased (you can read why here). All I have to say is that this is the best mascara I have ever used in my life.
- Kat Von D’s Tattoo liner in Trooper: I tried a sample version of this product and I liked it. I know I swear by my MAC penultimate liquid liner but I figured I should branch out and give this one a whirl!
- Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick in Turn On: I love Urban Decay’s products and I have never tried any of their lip products, so I thought this is the perfect opportunity to pick up a nice shade for spring!
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey: I have been dying to try these lipsticks. I’ll be honest; I wasn’t sure what shade I wanted. When I saw that there was a shade called Audrey, I had to pick that one being an Audrey Hepburn fanatic and all.
- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Vesuvio: I bought this because my mom has been raving about it to me and because I’m starting to catch matte lipstick fever. This is a really pretty red!
Let me know if you want me to review any of these products! Happy Sephora shopping dolls! Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Pinterest! x (Also, this sale is on till April 21st, so anyone that’s a VIB or a VIB Rouge…this is the time to stock up!)
So this past Sunday, I was lucky enough to score an invite to the M.A.C./ Estee Lauder/Smashbox/Clinique Warehouse sale and I figured I’d do a quick haul post on the items purchased. I’ve had the opportunity to go to a few of these in the past, along with the L’oreal warehouse sales as well. These are the types of sales I typically enjoy the most because you can really get some great deals from these brands. I tend to stock up on things I need along with trying some different products that I would never buy in full price. Beware though, the prices are so great that sometimes you end up putting a lot more in your cart than you really need (speaking from experience lol). These invite-only sales are always packed with people and takes place for 3 days. After going to a few of these in my life, I’ve figured out that the best day to go is the first day because you will most likely get a lot of the products in full stock whereas if you went on the last day. Although, there are still a few goodies left on the last day. These sales take place 1-4 times a year and if you are lucky enough to score an invite, makeup heaven awaits you! This time around I purchased products that I’ve always wanted to try but never really bought them at the store at full price. The prices of the products were generally great and a lot lower than retail prices, so I was extremely happy with that (who doesn’t love a good bargain?). Below you will find a list of things purchased. If you’d like to see reviews, swatches and thoughts on these products…comment below and let me know!
Happy Hauling Dolls! x
- Smashbox Wonder Vision Eyeshadow/Cheek Palette (I was dying to try this palette in the past. The shadows/blush/bronzer are so pigmented!)
- Michael Kors Lipstick/Nail Duo in Siren/Sensation (I absolutely love the colours and was intrigued into trying makeup from this luxe line!)
- Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition Fragrance (This was a gift from my mom who along with me can’t resist anything MK, I love this jasmine scented perfume!)
- Coach Poppy Fragrance Box Set (I received this as a sample with purchase and fell in love but never really got around to buying it, until now!)
- Estee Lauder Pleasure Desire Fragrance (This was a gift from my mom and I absolutely love the scent!)
- M.A.C Nail Lacquers in Spice, Coffee Break, Girl Trouble, Steamy (These colours are so gorgeous!)
- M.A.C. Snow Globe Palette in Cool [Snowball, Illegal Cargo, Idol Eyes, Warm & Smoky, Howzat, Set to dance] (The shadows are gorgeous in this palette)
- M.A.C. Eyeshadow x 4 palette in Angel Flame [Chamomile, Angel Flame, Feather Pink, Gravel] (Again, another gorgeous shadow palette!)
- M.A.C. Prep+Prime in Natural Radiance Illuminating Base (I have been dying to try this product for ages, so I’m glad I picked this up!)
- Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Blackened Taupe, Blackened Pewter (I have never tried Clinique’s liners, so I’m excited to use these)
- Clinique quickliner for eyes intense in Intense Cobalt (Again, this is a new product purchase I can’t wait to use)
- M.A.C. technakohl liner in Silver Skates, Going for Gold (Technakohl liners are one of my favourites, so these colours looked pretty awesome)
- Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Red, Red, Red (I have never tried their Long Last Lipstick so I can’t wait to try this gorgeous red)
- Clinique almost lipstick in Shy Honey, Lovely Honey, Flirty Honey (I couldn’t resist these especially because Black honey is one of my favourites to date and these almost lipsticks are one of my favourites to wear!)
- M.A.C. Lustre Lipstick in Flamingo (I saw this a few months back on Temptalia’s website and I was dying to try this gorgeous coral!)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick in Stay Blush (This was a gift from my mom and I can’t wait to try this new brand!)
- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Eye shadow in Always Sunny (this was free with purchase at the sale, woohoo!)