With April approaching and spring time just around the corner, why not change up your fragrance? I love buying different fragrances and find myself investing in new ones every time a season rolls around (which I should stop doing because it clearly affects the cashflow…). After going spicy and woodsy in the winter, I tend to go floraly and fresh in the spring. Here are my top 5 Spring Time Fragrance Picks (you can buy them any place that sells fragrances):
- Viktor Rolf Flower Bomb: This is one of my favourites. I sometimes sneak this fragrance during other seasons because it’s so beautiful. It’s flowery enough to be sweet. This is a very classy scent that will leave you and everyone around you happy!
- Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue: I cannot live without this fragrance during the spring and summertime. It’s citrusy, It’s fresh…It smells like you just stepped out of a D&G shower. This is also very addictive for you and everyone around you ;).
- Marc Jacobs Daisy: The name and the bottle scream spring time! The best way to describe this fragrance is the cool wind that breezes through when you’re lying on the grass. I love this scent for Spring. It lingers on and it smells flowery without smelling flowery (like that makes any sense?).
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell: This fragrance makes you feel like a bombshell! It’s light, fruity, flowery with a tiny hint of vanilla. I love this fragrance, especially for work, because it’s not overpowering. It’s enough to get you noticed without making the person beside you cough.
- Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche: This is a must have in any fragrance collection. This is the perfect spring scent. Like it’s name…it’s fresh, flowery, and very chanel. I’ve had numerous people come upto me and ask me what I’m wearing and where they can buy it..whenever I have this on.
Remember: When testing fragrances, especially for spring, spray on skin (preferably your wrist) to see if the fragrance suits you. In order to have your own signature spring fragrance, you have to be comfy with it…which means don’t buy it unless you LOVE it!
Happy Fragrance Shopping Dolls! x
Here are some of my favourite things I’ve been obsessing over this past month! Can you believe March is here? It’s my favourite month for many reasons and I’m so glad it’s here! If you aren’t already, then don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr. 🙂
- University Of Toronto Hoodie (Firstly, I’m an Alumni and secondly, it’s SO comfy!)
- Urban Decay’s Naked Basics (One of the best neutral palettes I own and it’s perfect for the workplace. I’ve literally been wearing this every single day!)
- MAC’s Penultimate Liquid liner in Rapid Black (Along with the palette, this is the only liner I’ve been obsessively using. It really is one of the best liquid liners I have ever tried.)
- Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizer (This is perfect for the harsh wintertime, my skin is moisturized and it has SPF 30.)
- MAC’s Mineralize SkinFinish Natural (This is the only foundation I wear on a daily basis. It’s literally like skin and looks like you have nothing on.)
- Tarte’s Blush Palette Christmas 2015 (I love Tarte’s Blushes, they last all day and look extremely natural when blended properly. Plus, this palette is incredibly versatile.)
- Ardene’s Flower Print Scarf (How pretty is this? I’ve been wearing this everywhere!)
- Forever 21’s Oversized Bow Headband (This is the perfect way to make a statement during the wintertime! I love the oversized bow and it keeps my ears nice and warm!)
- L’Oreal’s Voluminous Carbon Black Waterproof Mascara (Best. Drugstore. Mascara. This is as great as my Diorshow mascara!)
- Ring by Vera Wang (This ring came with the fragrance I purchased years ago and now I find myself wearing this cute and elegant ring everywhere!)
- Ring by Precious Collections Jewellry by Maira (Everyone keeps asking me about this ring, since it’s on the header of my blog. This was given to me as a gift from the creator of this line. I love this sparkly ring and I wear it pretty much to any event!)
- Ardene’s Chunky Glitter Phone Case for iPhone 5s (My phone is very stylish now thanks to this particular phone case!)
- Dolce and Gabbana’s Rose The One (I love this scent! It’s floraly and spicy at the same time. Although, I’m extremely sad now that I found out that this has been discontinued.)
- Bath And Body Works Stress Relief Body lotion in Eucalyptus Spearmint (I slather this on before bed every night and it smells great. It does calm me down and moisturizes really well.)
- MAC’s Creamstick Lip liner in Cream O’Spice (Thanks to Kylie Jenner’s infamous lips, I’ve decided to try to use a lip liner as the only lip product on my lips and I’m obsessed!)
- The Weeknd (Have you heard this man’s voice? I couldn’t list just one song because I am obsessed with every single song this man has put out…also, he’s from Toronto…enough said.)
Top Songs On My iTunes Playlist
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- Time of Our Lives – Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo
- Bad Girls – M.I.A.
- Tuesday – ILoveMakonnen ft. Drake
- Make It To Me – Sam Smith
Book of the Month
True Love by Jennifer Lopez (I currently am on the verge of finishing this book and all I can say is that I have a lot more respect for JLo now that I’ve gotten a little glimpse into her world and her views on love. She really is just like every other girl trying to navigate the world of career, love, family and life. It’s amazing to see her transition from being a dancer from the Bronx to being a world-famous superstar)
Happy Sunday Dolls! x
With the first day of Fall being right around the corner (seriously where has this year gone?), why not change-up your fragrance? If you’ve already read my Spring Fragrance Favourites, then you are well aware of the fact that I always switch fragrances every season. This is just so that I can try different ones as well as match a scent to the season (lighter, crisper scents in the Spring/Summer & warm, spicy, woodsy scents in the Fall/Winter). These two seasons are perfect for getting away with fragrances that are a bit heavier than your Spring/Summer fragrences. Here are my top 5 Fall/Winter time fragrance picks (although you can wear them any time of the year too):
- Dolce and Gabbana The One: This scent is just divine! I love this classic scent. It’s modern, it’s woodsy and it’s sweet. This perfect for Fall/Winter time fragrance is not too overpowering and it’s got a hint a lily!
- Elie Saab Le Parfum: This is one of my new-found favourites! This floraly-woodsy scent is perfect for the Fall/Winter time. The best way to describe this? Classy, sassy & feminine. You instantly feel glamourous when you have this on!
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum: This has to be one of my favourite fragrances of all time (I wear it all year round too). It’s perfect for the Fall/Winter time because it’s a classic, sweet & spicy scent. This really makes you feel luxurious, which is perfect for the dull weather ahead!
- Chloe Love, Chloe: I consider this fragrance my signature scent and find myself reaching for this all the time (more often in the Fall/Winter time). It’s a perfect combination of floraly, powdery, spicy, woodsy and feminine. This is a sophisticated yet young fragrance!
- Victoria’s Secret Angel: This fragrance makes you feel like a snow princess! The bottle is also very adorable (it’s got angel wings). This is perfect for the Fall/Winter time because it’s got a perfect mixture of sheer violet and amber (spicy & sweet).
Remember: When testing fragrances, spray on skin (preferably your wrist) to see if the fragrance suits you. In order to have your own signature fragrance, you have to be comfy with it…which means don’t buy it unless you LOVE it!
Happy Fragrance Shopping Dolls! x