With April approaching and spring time just around the corner, why not change up your fragrance? I love buying different fragrances and find myself investing in new ones every time a season rolls around (which I should stop doing because it clearly affects the cashflow…). After going spicy and woodsy in the winter, I tend to go floraly and fresh in the spring. Here are my top 5 Spring Time Fragrance Picks (you can buy them any place that sells fragrances):
- Viktor Rolf Flower Bomb: This is one of my favourites. I sometimes sneak this fragrance during other seasons because it’s so beautiful. It’s flowery enough to be sweet. This is a very classy scent that will leave you and everyone around you happy!
- Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue: I cannot live without this fragrance during the spring and summertime. It’s citrusy, It’s fresh…It smells like you just stepped out of a D&G shower. This is also very addictive for you and everyone around you ;).
- Marc Jacobs Daisy: The name and the bottle scream spring time! The best way to describe this fragrance is the cool wind that breezes through when you’re lying on the grass. I love this scent for Spring. It lingers on and it smells flowery without smelling flowery (like that makes any sense?).
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell: This fragrance makes you feel like a bombshell! It’s light, fruity, flowery with a tiny hint of vanilla. I love this fragrance, especially for work, because it’s not overpowering. It’s enough to get you noticed without making the person beside you cough.
- Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche: This is a must have in any fragrance collection. This is the perfect spring scent. Like it’s name…it’s fresh, flowery, and very chanel. I’ve had numerous people come upto me and ask me what I’m wearing and where they can buy it..whenever I have this on.
Remember: When testing fragrances, especially for spring, spray on skin (preferably your wrist) to see if the fragrance suits you. In order to have your own signature spring fragrance, you have to be comfy with it…which means don’t buy it unless you LOVE it!
Happy Fragrance Shopping Dolls! x
Hi Dolls! If you haven’t checked out my last post, then please do! You do that by clicking here. Also, make sure to follow me on all my socials, listed on the right hand of this page.
There’s nothing more I love than trying out new fragrances! Although, I have my favourites, which I swear by, I still like trying out new ones. I find that fragrances can trigger a memory associated with that smell (I hope that makes sense because that’s me trying to be extra philosophical). Here are five fragrances I’m obsessing over:
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell: Oh my goodness. This is one of the prettiest and lightest smelling perfume I’ve ever used. It’s perfect for a work day and it’s also perfect for a night out. You really can’t go wrong with this one! It’s girly, fresh and flowery without smelling like a flower shop (lolz).
- Salvatore Ferragamo’s Signorina Misteriosa: With one spritz you get mystery, intrigue and yummy (I can’t believe I just
said wrote that). Seriously, this smells amazing. It’s probably a little too strong for a work day but it’s perfect for a night out! It’s seductive, woodsy and fun! Also, I love the name and bottle of this fragrance.
- Miss Dior Eau De Toilette: This perfume reminds me of a perfect day you spend outside with a flower crown on (I know so darn specific). But honestly, this has to be the most feminine fragrances I own. It’s perfect for a night out or a weekend out and it smells like pretty heaven (or so I would assume).
- Clinique Happy: Cue Pharell’s song…because I’m happpppyyyy. Literally, this fragrance makes you instantly happy. It’s citrusy, it’s fresh and it’s not overpowering (which is perfect for work). I love using this on gloomy winter days because it reminds me of sunny summer days (go figure!).
- Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb: Clearly, they named this fragrance well. It smells like a spring flower bouquet and I love every little bit of it. It’s not overpowering. It’s super sweet and girly yet sophisticated. I love wearing this one for special occasions (or simple ones I want to make special). Also, how cute is the bottle?!
See you in the next post!
I know I’ve been MIA for a bit but this blog & I are back with daily posts for the next little while! Hope you enjoy and a massive thank you for everyone that’s reading, commenting, liking, sharing, etc. I really appreciate it dolls! x
- The OC (This show is so addictive that I find myself re-watching the seasons once a year)
- Marc Jacobs Style Eye Con No. 7 in The Starlet (One of my current favourite eye palettes, it’s perfect for nights out!)
- Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in Rose Vinyl (This is one of the best lip products I have ever tried!)
- Elie Saab Parfum (My favourite fragrance for the winter time)
- Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony (This liquid liner’s staying power is incredible!)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray (Best. Product. Ever. Created. Period.)
- Victoria’s Secret Body Lotion in Bombshell (This smells amazing & keeps skin moisturized)
- Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara (I love how luxurious my lashes feel after using this)
- Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment (Makes stress acne spots disappear overnight!)
- L’oreal Professional Magic Perfecting Base (One of my favourite makeup primers to use in the fall/winter time)
- Makeup Forever HD Setting Powder (Best. Setting. Powder. Ever!)
- Beauty Blender (I cannot imagine my foundation/concealer routine without this sponge)
- Kate Spade iPhone 5s Case (It has polka dots & everyone knows that’s one of my weaknesses)
- Forever 21 Beret (This is so cute)
Top 5 Most Played songs on my iPod
- No Angel– Beyonce
- Thinking Out Loud– Ed Sheeran
- Bailando (English)– Enrique Iglesias ft. Sean Paul, Descemar Bueno & Gente De Zona
- Animals– Maroon 5
- Hum Mar Jayenge– Tulsi Kumar & Arijit Singh (from Aashiqui 2)
Have a Great Day Dolls! x
With the first day of Fall being right around the corner (seriously where has this year gone?), why not change-up your fragrance? If you’ve already read my Spring Fragrance Favourites, then you are well aware of the fact that I always switch fragrances every season. This is just so that I can try different ones as well as match a scent to the season (lighter, crisper scents in the Spring/Summer & warm, spicy, woodsy scents in the Fall/Winter). These two seasons are perfect for getting away with fragrances that are a bit heavier than your Spring/Summer fragrences. Here are my top 5 Fall/Winter time fragrance picks (although you can wear them any time of the year too):
- Dolce and Gabbana The One: This scent is just divine! I love this classic scent. It’s modern, it’s woodsy and it’s sweet. This perfect for Fall/Winter time fragrance is not too overpowering and it’s got a hint a lily!
- Elie Saab Le Parfum: This is one of my new-found favourites! This floraly-woodsy scent is perfect for the Fall/Winter time. The best way to describe this? Classy, sassy & feminine. You instantly feel glamourous when you have this on!
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum: This has to be one of my favourite fragrances of all time (I wear it all year round too). It’s perfect for the Fall/Winter time because it’s a classic, sweet & spicy scent. This really makes you feel luxurious, which is perfect for the dull weather ahead!
- Chloe Love, Chloe: I consider this fragrance my signature scent and find myself reaching for this all the time (more often in the Fall/Winter time). It’s a perfect combination of floraly, powdery, spicy, woodsy and feminine. This is a sophisticated yet young fragrance!
- Victoria’s Secret Angel: This fragrance makes you feel like a snow princess! The bottle is also very adorable (it’s got angel wings). This is perfect for the Fall/Winter time because it’s got a perfect mixture of sheer violet and amber (spicy & sweet).
Remember: When testing fragrances, spray on skin (preferably your wrist) to see if the fragrance suits you. In order to have your own signature fragrance, you have to be comfy with it…which means don’t buy it unless you LOVE it!
Happy Fragrance Shopping Dolls! x
Here are my August Favourites
- Conair YouCurl XL (This has been one of my favourite curling wands, if you want to know how to use this click here)
- Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo/Conditioner (This has literally changed my hair for the better!)
- Too Faced Cosmetics’ La Crème in Coral Fire (One of my favourite Coral lip colours for the summer time!)
- Clinique’s Sunscreen SPF 30 Body Cream (My go-to sunscreen for the summertime)
- The Body Shop’s Almond Hand & Nail Cream (My hands have never felt softer and my nail beds look healthier)
- L’oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold (Holds all my hairstyles perfectly without feeling crunchy or ruining my hair)
- Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (My summer cannot exist without these in my bag)
- Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony (One of the best liquid liners I have ever tried!)
- Benefit Cosmetics’ Benetint (One of the best tints out there, you can use it on your cheeks and lips for the most natural red!)
- M.A.C. Eye Kohl in Teddy (This bronzey liner has been my go to for a subtle smokey eye)
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Mini Amy Bracelet Rose Gold Watch (I cannot leave my house without this on)
- Michael Kors Buckle Ring in Rose Gold (You can read about my obsession with rings here, but this is one of my favourite rings)
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender (Best. Creation. Ever.)
- Buxom’s Buxom Lash Mascara (One of my recent favourites, my lashes never felt fuller!)
- Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Fragrance (This smells exactly like its namesake, “very sexy”)
- Black Ribbon Straw Hat from H&M (Seriously, I love this cute hat so much!)
Top 5 Most Played songs on my iPod
- To the Stars-The PropheC
- Tum Hi Ho- Arijit Singh
- Shake it Off- Taylor Swift
- All of the Stars- Ed Sheeran
- A Sky full of Stars- Coldplay
Happy Tuesday Dolls! x
Here are some of the things I was completely obsessed with in the month of July:
- Clarisonic Mia (This is a miracle saver for my skin!)
- Pantene BB Crème For your hair (My hair has never felt softer)
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover (Takes EVERYTHING off!)
- Pink’s Hot Crush Body Lotion (Smells yummy and leaves your skin super soft!)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (Everything stays put, nothing moves)
- MAC’s Paint Pot in Groundwork (perfect base for eyeshadows, perfect for wearing alone with an eyeliner!)
- Laura Mercier’s Lip Glace in Bare Naked (I love the sheerness of this gloss, it’s perfect for everyday)
- NARS’ Larger Than Life Eye liner in Rue Bonaparte (Makes your eyes appear bigger)
- Marc Jacobs’ Lovermarc lipstick in Have we met? (Hands down, favourite pink lipstick ever)
- Makeup Forever’s Aqua Liner in Black (I use this on my waterline, it does not smudge at all!)
- Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb (Smells like the sweetest flower bomb!)
- Urban Decay’s De-slick Mattifying Powder (Perfect for getting rid of excessive oil on your T-zone, plus an adorable compact)
- Formula X’s Delete All Nail Polish Remover (This product is a timesaver!)
- MAC’s Nail Polish in Spice (One of the best nail polish colours I have ever come across!)
- Rosebud Salve Lip Balm (The best lip balm out there!)
- Bath and Body Works’ Anti-Bacterial Get in Melting Marshmallow (This smells divine and is perfect for any germaphobe like me!)
- People StyleWatch (I love this magazine so much that I’ve had a subscription to this for years now)
- Emma by Jane Austen (One of my favourite books to read, you’ll love this if you’re a hopeless romantic)
Top 5 most played songs on my iPod:
- Fashion Killa- A$AP Rocky
- Fancy- Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX
- Galliyan (Unplugged)- Shraddha Kapoor & Ankit Terwai
- Yaar Naa Miley- Yo Yo Honey Singh & Jasmine
- Run The World (Girls)- Beyonce
Happy Sunday Dolls! x
So this past Sunday, I was lucky enough to score an invite to the M.A.C./ Estee Lauder/Smashbox/Clinique Warehouse sale and I figured I’d do a quick haul post on the items purchased. I’ve had the opportunity to go to a few of these in the past, along with the L’oreal warehouse sales as well. These are the types of sales I typically enjoy the most because you can really get some great deals from these brands. I tend to stock up on things I need along with trying some different products that I would never buy in full price. Beware though, the prices are so great that sometimes you end up putting a lot more in your cart than you really need (speaking from experience lol). These invite-only sales are always packed with people and takes place for 3 days. After going to a few of these in my life, I’ve figured out that the best day to go is the first day because you will most likely get a lot of the products in full stock whereas if you went on the last day. Although, there are still a few goodies left on the last day. These sales take place 1-4 times a year and if you are lucky enough to score an invite, makeup heaven awaits you! This time around I purchased products that I’ve always wanted to try but never really bought them at the store at full price. The prices of the products were generally great and a lot lower than retail prices, so I was extremely happy with that (who doesn’t love a good bargain?). Below you will find a list of things purchased. If you’d like to see reviews, swatches and thoughts on these products…comment below and let me know!
Happy Hauling Dolls! x
- Smashbox Wonder Vision Eyeshadow/Cheek Palette (I was dying to try this palette in the past. The shadows/blush/bronzer are so pigmented!)
- Michael Kors Lipstick/Nail Duo in Siren/Sensation (I absolutely love the colours and was intrigued into trying makeup from this luxe line!)
- Michael Kors Gold Rose Edition Fragrance (This was a gift from my mom who along with me can’t resist anything MK, I love this jasmine scented perfume!)
- Coach Poppy Fragrance Box Set (I received this as a sample with purchase and fell in love but never really got around to buying it, until now!)
- Estee Lauder Pleasure Desire Fragrance (This was a gift from my mom and I absolutely love the scent!)
- M.A.C Nail Lacquers in Spice, Coffee Break, Girl Trouble, Steamy (These colours are so gorgeous!)
- M.A.C. Snow Globe Palette in Cool [Snowball, Illegal Cargo, Idol Eyes, Warm & Smoky, Howzat, Set to dance] (The shadows are gorgeous in this palette)
- M.A.C. Eyeshadow x 4 palette in Angel Flame [Chamomile, Angel Flame, Feather Pink, Gravel] (Again, another gorgeous shadow palette!)
- M.A.C. Prep+Prime in Natural Radiance Illuminating Base (I have been dying to try this product for ages, so I’m glad I picked this up!)
- Clinique Kohl Shaper for Eyes in Blackened Taupe, Blackened Pewter (I have never tried Clinique’s liners, so I’m excited to use these)
- Clinique quickliner for eyes intense in Intense Cobalt (Again, this is a new product purchase I can’t wait to use)
- M.A.C. technakohl liner in Silver Skates, Going for Gold (Technakohl liners are one of my favourites, so these colours looked pretty awesome)
- Clinique Long Last Lipstick in Red, Red, Red (I have never tried their Long Last Lipstick so I can’t wait to try this gorgeous red)
- Clinique almost lipstick in Shy Honey, Lovely Honey, Flirty Honey (I couldn’t resist these especially because Black honey is one of my favourites to date and these almost lipsticks are one of my favourites to wear!)
- M.A.C. Lustre Lipstick in Flamingo (I saw this a few months back on Temptalia’s website and I was dying to try this gorgeous coral!)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lipstick in Stay Blush (This was a gift from my mom and I can’t wait to try this new brand!)
- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Eye shadow in Always Sunny (this was free with purchase at the sale, woohoo!)