A couple of weeks ago, I came across Yves Rocher at the mall and wondered why I hadn’t ever gone inside. Once I went in, I was mesmerized and decided to pick up some beauty goodies just to try the brand out!
- Blush Brush, Foundation Brush, Kabubki Brush, & Concealer Brush (These were on sale for $5 each and I just couldn’t resist)
- Botanical Nail Polish in Iridescent Anthracite, Frosted Pink Champagne, Litchi Glacé, Celadon Blue, Pearly Midnight Blue, Rose Grenadine (Again, these bottles of nail polish were only $3 each and one can never have enough nail polishes)
- Nourishing Body Lotion in Almond (I’m a sucker for body lotions and this one smelled heavenly)
- Radiant Lip & Cheek Crayon in Gold Pearl (I think I found my new glitter highlighter for my eyes and top coat for my lips)
- Radiant Lip Crayon in Golden Sand & Perfect Light Pink (These two were given to me for free and I can’t explain to you how much I’m in love with these two shades!)
- Liquid Hand Soap in Lavindin from Provence (You can never have enough lavender hand soap and since I’m going to be traveling soon, I wanted something small to carry with me)
Yes, it is true. Chanel lipsticks (no matter what type) are my biggest makeup weakness. These luxurious and brilliant lippies are one of my favourites because of its marvellous quality. Chanel, as a brand, always exceeds my expectations and nothing truly compares to a classic Chanel lipstick. So when I heard that Chanel was coming out with a lip balm inspired lipstick, I was excited. I find these types of lippies are perfect for trying bold colours and for everyday wear.
Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks are a what I like to call a lipstick which feels like a tinted lip balm. The pigmentation of these products are anywhere from semi-sheer to sheer. This product is meant to drench your lips with moisture while providing you a semi sheer colour. The shade “Boy” (interesting name) is a light pale pink in colour. I found that this colour is the same shade as my lips but only better, which is perfect for wearing everyday and for nights out (the perfect nude for my lips).
My verdict? I like this lipstick because of its formula, colour and how it makes my lips feel. This lipstick drenches your lips with moisture. I didn’t need to apply a lip balm as a base at all. My lips in the long run felt a lot more softer. The colour is fantastic. Since it’s semi sheer, the colour isn’t opaque but it’s perfect enough to wear daily. The formula is fantastic. It feels buttery smooth, it smells like Chanel and it’s very satiny on my lips. It’s very lightweight and feels like you are wearing nothing on your lips. The finish of this product is shiny like a lip gloss.
The downsides? At a whopping $39 (CDN), the price is definitely hefty which can be a downside to most. The other downside is longevity of the lipstick. I found that I had to re-apply a lot more often than I really wanted. But those two downsides were a minor thing for me. I still adore this lipstick and can’t imagine my makeup drawer without it! This is a must have for any lipstick junkie or Chanel lover! You can purchase this at any Chanel counter or online!
Happy Shopping Dolls! x
- Smells like Chanel
- Keeps lips super hydrated, made lips feel softer
- Lightweight formula, doesn’t feel like you have anything on
- Buttery smooth texture
- Semi sheer in colour, perfect for daily wear
- Had to reapply quite often
Rating: 8.5/10 (This is a great lipstick if you love Chanel lip products. The price and the lack of longevity is the reason behind the deduction)
I love Chanel lipsticks. They have never ceased to disappoint me ever. So when I ventured into trying their new rouge allure intense long wear lipsticks, I knew I would love it and I was correct. There’s nothing like a Chanel lipstick. The Rouge Allure Intense long wear lip colour is a satiny smooth formula with a semi matte finish. I went with Seduisante (#91) because I was in dire need of trying a pink lip that would suit my skin tone. Luckily, the lady at the counter recommended this and I fell in love. This is the perfect pink for me and I am always finding ways to rock a pink lip just so that I can use this lipstick. It’s long wearing, doesn’t smudge and feels nice on the lips. The formula isn’t heavy and it doesn’t really feel like I have anything on my lips! At $35(USD), this is the best lipstick I have ever tried. Even though, it is a pricey investment…you are getting nothing short of perfection here. I mean it is Chanel after all. It’s highly pigmented, it’s smooth, it doesn’t dry your lips and it stays on for a long time. It’s not an overpowering pink, which is always perfect if you are just dabbling in the pink pout look. You can purchase this at any Chanel counter or online.
Happy Shopping Dolls! x
- Super Pigmented
- Satin Finish (semi matte)
- Doesn’t Dry your lips
- Buttery smooth (goes on smoothly)
- Not a heavy formula (feels like you don’t have lipstick on)
- Didn’t have to reapply often
- Love the case (it’s so elegant, so very Chanel)
Rating: 10/10 (if I could rate it higher I would. This lipstick is pure perfection and one of the best I have ever tried. I know the price is a little hefty, but it seriously is one of the best investments I have ever made and I cannot live without it!)
Before I begin reviewing this, you must know that I absolutely love this brand. NARS is not just known for their iconic blushes and lipsticks but also their eyeliners. Since black is the norm for me, I wanted to try out different colours, especially a flesh tone or a white. If you’ve been following fashion runways, then you’ve noticed that white eyeliner has been on every model’s eyelids! This is used to make your eyes appear bigger than they are. Now white is pushing it for my skintone, so I opted to try a flesh tone instead. Rue Bonaparte (how Français is the name?) is the perfect flesh tone colour for my NC45 (MAC foundation) skin tone. Described as light almond, it is a beigy skin tone colour that looks natural and not harsh on most skin tones. At $28 (CDN), you are truly getting your money’s worth with this product! I won’t say this is a staple in my makeup drawer but it does do what it claims to do. This product can be found at Sephora, NARS counters at specialty department stores (Bloomingdale’s, Nordstorm’s, The Bay (Square 1/Sherway/Yorkdale/Toronto), Holt Renfrew).
How to use this: After you’ve done the usual eye makeup, line your water line on your lower lash line with this liner. Voila! You have bigger looking eyes!
Happy Shopping Dolls! x
- Works for almost all skin tones (I’m a NC45 in MAC and this is super natural on my eyes)
- Very blendable; can be used as a base on your eyelids if you want a bright colour to pop.
- It doesn’t require a sharpener! (perhaps my biggest pro, all you have to do is twist the bottom for more product to rise); although it comes with a detachable sharpener (which to be honest, I haven’t used at all!)
- Perfect for your waterline, doesn’t smudge easily; but if you want to blend, better to do it right after you apply; Long lasting…no kidding it lasts until you use makeup remover to remove it!
- It’s highly expensive…but it is NARS…
- The extra sharpener is kind of useless; if you are primarily going to use this for your waterline or lower lash line, then you don’t want a super sharp liner as it can hurt/damage your delicate eye area!
- It is a bit dry; which is perfect for your waterline, but if you use it as anything else it can be over drying! (This is not a huge deal for me but it could be a big deal for someone with dry eyes)
Rating: 8/10 (I do think that the product does what it claims to do; the deductions are due to the sharpener, the fact that it can be a bit drying and you can find a cheaper alternative with a similar shade (Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude!)